11 mars 2014

New old, dead dragon

Many years ago I made a ceramic dragon skeleton as a project in art school, I've always wanted to do a remake because think some of the parts are crudely sculpted and I can make it a lot better now.
I never really found the time to do so until now, when I got a custom order for another one.

Instead of ceramic, which is brittle and has to be fired, I will make the new one from polyurethane plastic, two-component self curing clay and some real chicken bones.

I wont make all the parts separately as with the ceramic one, instead it will be sculpted in bigger, mouldable sections.

Some of the bigger parts almost ready for moulding.

Although it will be better than the last, I won't have time to make this one as super realistic as I'd like.
I'll just wait for an opportunity for another remake. A bigger, better one.

Apart from the dragon I'm working on two other projects, an award statue for the Nordic championship in Magic - The gathering for Nordsken (local computer-/boardgame festival): A glowing Black Lotus frozen in a block of "ice".

Some petals for the Black Lotus being moulded

The third project is a secret I'm not allowed to publish yet.
Mildly frustrating.



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar