18 mars 2014

Wooloowloowloo

Just a small needle felted wool owl I just made for an Etsy-customer.

Basic shaping and feet




The feet and toes are made from iron wire, fully posable so the owl can perch on pretty much
anything.
The claws and beak are made from Green Stuff, sanded and painted later on.
The eyes are glass, pre bought.

The wool I'm using is locally produced, I had to venture deep into the northern wilderness to get it from an old hermity wool lady.
It's a peculiar place, she just sits there in the middle of nowhere preparing copious amounts of wool.
Her house consists of wool, wool, wool, wool, wool, a huge monster of a carding machine and... a disco room.

One could argue that there are easier ways to get wool, but it's really nice wool.

The moss underneath is a tray. I like keeping my smaller craft projects on trays so I can easily switch between active projects and move them back and forth.
I care deeply for the moss tray and only use it for friendly and pleasant things.
The other trays are for angry projects with knives, sticky clays, solvents and chemicals.

Adding details





Aaand finished!



Also, unrelated to the owl:
a sneak peek of something completely different, something secret.
It's not the larch.



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar